How do you start your own business? You’ve probably asked yourself this at some point after having a great new business idea, whether it was a shower thought that spiraled into a bigger vision or something you’ve had in your back pocket for years. We are all about personal development and self-empowerment here at Trinity Universal Center, and starting your own business is a great way to do exactly that: empower yourself. It’s important to do some research before starting a new business, however. While there are always some hoops that entrepreneurs must jump through in preparation of launching a new business, it may be more realistic and less overwhelming than you think. Here are 7 free resources that will help get you started on the road to your new business.
1) Free WordPress Website
- The basis of having an online presence is having a website. WordPress is one of the best free website platforms online. There are benefits of eventually moving to a paid version, such as a customized URL and the option to sell more products and services on your site, but a free website is a great starting point for any business startup.
2) Facebook Business Page
- Facebook is one of the best free tools for how to start a new business. With a business page, you can add your business hours and information, link to your website and other social accounts, add images and videos, and help with brand awareness. With your personal page, you can invite all of your friends to “Like” your business page to help build an audience for free. When you eventually have a budget, you can boost your posts or run targeted ads.
3) Google My Business
- You can inquire with Google about setting up a Google My Business page, where they will verify that you own the business and will allow you to optimize the page. This is a free way to help improve your SEO by making your company more visible online, and will make it easier for potential customers to find your website, address, hours, and contact information.
4) Free Design Tools
- Free design and image editing tools online, such as Canva, are a great and free way to help with starting a new business. Logos help with branding, and brand awareness is a key element of establishing your business online. You can use sites like Canva to design social media posts, print flyers, website banners, and more to make your brand look professional.
5) Gmail for Storage
- Not only is Gmail is a trusted and user-friendly email client, but with your Gmail account comes up to 15 gigabytes of free storage in Google Drive. You are also able to create Google Drive folders and easily share documents and resources with your team.
6) Yelp for Reviews
- Yelp is a free tool, and crucial for local businesses especially. Yelp for Business Owners will allow you to take action with the reviews you get, such as highlighting the positive reviews and reaching out to people who review your business. Reviews and testimonials are great to share on your website and social media pages, showing potential customers that you are a brand to be trusted.
7) Constant Contact Free Trial
- Constant Contact is the pinnacle of online email marketing, and beyond that their platform offers social media marketing, websites, logo-makers, event campaigns, surveys, photo editing, and much more. While their 60-day free trials are limited, they get you started with an account and focused on your email marketing efforts. They also offer free phone support for usage and how-to questions that you have. Email marketing is a huge part of growing your business online, and there’s no better platform to use than Constant Contact.